All About Insulation
Insulate today, save energy and money tomorrow
When the solution is insulation, increasingly homeowners and building professionals alike think of Guardian Building Products. Today's homeowners are looking for ways to save on utility bills, energy and money. Pro builders and independents look for a brand they can depend on.
In addition to improved energy efficiency and lower utility bills, homeowners may be eligible for a 30% tax credit up to $1,500 off the costs of insulation materials. The Guardian ReInsulation Program provides valuable information about the various tax credits that are currently available.
Economic benefits of fiberglass insulation
- Insulation reduces average home heating and cooling costs by around 32 percent (according to the Department of Energy).
- Increasing the insulation in an under-insulated home results in a decrease in monthly utility bills (savings may vary).
- One of the most cost-effective ways to make your home more comfortable year-round is to add insulation to your attic.
- Fiberglass insulation products can be installed by doing the work yourself, which keeps front end costs lower and gives you a quicker payback.
- Fiberglass insulation is a one-time cost that lasts for the life of the building (typically 50-70 years) and requires no further maintenance, according to NAIMA.
We have what works
Guardian Fiberglass Insulation delivers advanced, flexible solutions to every insulation need. From rolls and batts to loose-fill fiberglass, Guardian delivers the thickness and advanced fiberglass density you need for an insulation upgrade. For new construction, we achieve state-of-the-art efficiency with fiberglass insulation spray-on systems for custom fit, dual foam fiberglass insulation systems and more.
Interesting insulation facts
- Fiberglass insulation is made from mineral substances processed from molten state to an incombustible fibrous form.
- Fiberglass insulation increases the sound transmission class (STC) rating when properly installed in building assemblies. It has been determined that thickness has greater value in sound control than density.
- Guardian Fiberglass products contain 30% post consumer recycled glass and 5% post industrial recycled glass.
- R-Value means resistance to heat flow. The higher the R-value the greater the insulating value.